Monday, August 11, 2008

Moshobi

















"Moshobi" roughly translated is Japanese for days of extreme summer heat.When the mercury climbs past 35 degrees celsius.Over the last fortnight in Nagoya there have been many moshobi days.Unlike the fish at Shirotori Garden its difficult to find a cool refuge from the heat and humidity.
















Even inside one cant escape the heat and humidity.The thin veneer strips on the top of the classroom dividers have lifted due to the heat in the cramped and poorly air conditioned space my employer euphemistically calls a language school.Such a heated environment is hardly conducive for studying.















Not only does the heat reduce my levels of patience and hours of sleep it also decreases my appetite and my desire to cook for myself.Cold noddles,soba and bentos are the order of the day at present.

No comments: